If existence = evolution = complex adaptive system = iterating initial conditions, a simple abstract theory can manifest all the complexities of practical life. Our experinces simply emerge from a few simple initial conditions. Artificial intelligence does not currently need to create better silicon brains. Just connect the existing 20+ billion carbon and silicon based brains correctly. This is how to do that.
- Why – Evolution maximizes a scope’s, and all scope’s, future freedom. It prioritizes effectiveness over efficiency.
- Interactions – Are local. Everything is contextualized peer 2 peer. There are no queens of trees in nature.
- Process Chaos theory + iteration = connections. More structured connections = more emergence. Water freezing in air creates snowflakes. More…
- Ingredients – 3-4 initial iterating conditions can make life’s complexity.
- Iteration – Creates, then corrects, supply and demand imbalances based on ROI’s.
- What – Fractals If something works, duplicate it. This manifests as hierarchical tree structures, reproduction, etc. Plus to know is something works, it must work on all fractals. It must be cross cultural, and be found in all major aspects of society: physics, chemistry, biology, physiology, psychology, sociology, economics.
- Taxonomy – Anchors and defines relationships. Coordinates (pun!) the hierarchy map.
EVOLUTION’S INITIAL CONDITIONS
- Nodes (a thing) each with a taxonomy that indicates
- What it is, and is not = private property = sovereignty.
- Connections (“separate” yet connect nodes)
- Helps define nodes
- Mediates trade of value (goods, work, info)
- Info valuable enough to offer outside the node is promoted
- Valuable outside info is gathered
- Connections can be tangible (local), or intangible (not necessarily local)
- Add value first Interactions iterate (cycles), otherwise stagnate.
- Trade that value ( tangible things for money, intangible things for royalty)
- Gather resources
- Ponder options with inspiration and feedback
- Use what has local value to add value (make value and or promote value)
- Give away what has little local value (excretion is often overlooked)
- Store what has medium local value
- Gather resources
- Trade that value ( tangible things for money, intangible things for royalty)
- Classification (taxonomy structure)
- Defines node and connection: relationships, stats (audience, royalty, name, volume, friction, goods, work, time, cost, ROI, lifespan, etc.).
- Scope and context:
- Locals can only directly trade goods and work that are 1 to 2 nodes/levels away. (Projection of power costs resources.)
- Locals can view and promote info anywhere.
- Context is what makes information valuable. “5” means almost nothing. “5 dogs in a room” means a lot to everyone.
Intelligence / value / ROI is more the connections than in the nodes. Root word of intelligence is “understand” who’s roots are “choose between”. This is why “Context is often more powerful than content”. (David Hawkins) You can ponder what movie you want to watch for 20 mins. But if the power goes out, the most careful deliberation has little value.
Connections manage resource flow, patterns (root: patron [one who gives support, protector, father]) and context (root: to weave together). Nodes have innate value, but a main contribution to value is to anchor the fluidity and communications of connections. Without connections, nodes can’t do much. Without nodes, connections don’t know what to do. Yin & yang.
Archetypical fe-male interactions? Of course. That’s their origin, not an anthropologic projection. Its where our “values” originate. We label “conceiver” feminine, and “maker” masculine. 0 and 1. Conceiver works in the realm of non tangible void. Maker works in the realm of tangible. (Feminine appreciates masculine having money because that’s part of the resources they work with.)
We already have > ~20 billion of nodes (people and computers.) that make decisions. Yes, the CPU is a computer’s center of computation, but a computer can’t do much unless it has connections. Internal connections to RAM, monitor, etc. And external connections to other computers.
A toddler’s frontal cortex can produce 2 million synapses per second. Yet by then, 50% of neurons were pruned. But more synapses do not mean more intelligence. And most learning takes place after synaptic formation stabilizes.
The internet is connecting everything, but is unorganized (has minimal context). Although Castpoints works with nodes, it primarily auto-adapts and self-organizes patterns of context which maximize future freedom for any and all scopes of resources.
Most AI node-connection diagrams are a tree, a network, or a mix, and often label some connections as temporary or moveable. They are incorrectly trying to describe 2 different pathways as one.
- Tangible goods and work have friction. Interaction scope is 1 to 2 nodes away.
- Intangible info has very low friction. Interaction scope is very far.
Both are content. Their relationships create context. Note that even though nodes have very limited interaction scope, they can still go places. A car is a node and so can easily go from NY to SF.
Unless info is filtered, systems overload with info which is then noise (root: seasickness). There are 3 limitation places.
- Blocking info from coming into our node. This works, but is linear primitive survival. It creates an emphasis on force, secrets, hiding, and does not scale well. If a node get overwhelmed, it, or parts of it, make radical survival decisions like withdrawing, disparaging, even killing the thing (messenger) delivering info. In extreme cases, nodes lose all sense of self (worth) and relationships, and devolve to “kill them all”. A node without boundaries is not a node (“dead”). So the node projects their status onto their environment. Feedback loops are blunt and staccato. Cashpoints does not use this.
- Intra-filtering at the source. The ratio of survival / thriving is partly dependent on the quality of environment and feedback. The node (or node part) decides what info is valuable enough to broadcast. Nodes can have rich feedback (support) and are intrinsically and extrinsically motivated to be accurate. Privacy is not a problem because the local environment already knows what’s going on, and the node decides which private info gets transmitted.
- Inter-filtering between other nodes and groups of nodes at any scale. This is thriving, emergent problem solving at all levels. Once “enough” problems are solved, there is a phase change from focusing on problems, to focusing on fun creations. Transparency and privacy coexist well because creating fun feels better, and has more value, than fearful defense.
PRACTICAL DESIGN ELEMENTS
The user interface is designed for emergencies (Peer 2 peer EMS example). So it needs to be simple, concise, unambiguous, and work on any cell phone browser.
- Indentation conveys the concept of hierarchy and context.
- Changing the context is just a click away.
- Because everything is in a classification and the inputs and outputs are tracked, ROI’s and rates of change are easy to display.
- Extensive data visualization is offloaded to Wolfram Alpha where people can go in-depth if they want too. Ex vz
- Complexity is avoided, but available with a click.
- Most everything is expressed as a rank from 0 (not best) to 95 (best).
- Absolute values can be hard to quickly compare. Fast comparisons require things to have the same units.
- This also affords some privacy. Nobody needs to know your event is worth 10,000.
- Allows for simple context. Not just 80. An 80 in a classification provides context.
- Ratios and percents are used whenever possible.
The primary iteration cycle is 7 because that is the moon’s cycle. (Root word of time is ~tide, which is created by the moon.) After 3 months data is aggregated into month summaries and specifics are deleted. If anything goes unused for a while, it is deleted. Systems need to excrete or else they bloat.
All entities (nodes) are sovereign. The root words are “bridge, make”. Nodes initiate connections. In other words, add value first. That means people own their own stuff, no exceptions if you want a healthy and prosperous node / event / society / system. This is why sales tax is better than property tax: You don’t own your home if you pay property tax. That also increases uncertainty.
Everything that wants to do something starts out as an event. Events can have any number of non exclusive roles. Roles have any number of:
- Leaders are the responsible party of the role. (not authority, responsibility)
- Liaisons identifies what is significant in the internal news feed so that others have access.
- Members get the work done.
- Stewards are responsible for people who can’t manage life by themselves for whatever reason.
- Warded can be kids, homeless, incapacitated, etc.
Roles can post orders (wants and offers) for goods, info, and work (tasks are internal to the event, services are external to the event). Orders classify each thing, and have any number of stipulations, like request for insurance, specific drop off and pick up times, money, transport, packaging, anything. The receipt is a smart receipt. For instance, one can automatically sell 50% of bandwidth, or processor cycles, or electricity from a solar panel.
When a role starts a task, any role member can do that task. Tasks are just items of info that have a royalty associated with them.
Each role has liaison ability: significant role happening can be broadcast as this news feed. This is how other roles create non costly situational awareness. The top role of the event offers the public liaison news feed. Roles can subscribe to any liaisoned news feed. So sales can easily know what marketing is doing.
Roles, like people, goods, and work have a status, and location. General, or specific, changes in these can be subscribed to.
Events offer a set number of shares. This is so event owners don’t have to manage stock splits, float, etc. Its unnecessary in a digital age. The other money is Joules. They are priced via the local cost of electricity with is universal and easily available. This also provides a familiar, and very flexible, unit of exchange. When nodes trade, they can use ownership or Joules. Castpoints automatically suggests using ownership for transactions when it is very over or undervalued.
A self organizing non exclusive classification system. This is where aggregate information is stored. Things like the value of each item, cost, ROI per cycle, the audience, royalty, average lifespan, and other basic statistics. All things have a classification (work, goods, info, event type, role type, and task). Classification currently start out as a maturity level / audience (anyone, kids, teens, grown-up, unoffenseable). Because everything now has the same units, anything can be compared directly based on cost and proven ROI. So one can’t help but make much better decisions. Amazing!
Also, each item can have tags which are a value, unit, scope and action. So I can have a pass / fail tag for an assembly line part with an item scope and action that is summed. Then an observer can see failure rates at any scope, any classification, form start to finish in real time at a glance. Many big companies might have similar capabilities, but smaller companies don’t. Here an assembly worker could just get curious about something and start tracking a variable. High adaptability.
Relationships and hierarchy are important. Castpoints uses aspects of the proven Incident Command System. Everything has a relationship to everything else, and so everything can be tracked. Like money flow. This is why sovereignty and privacy are critical. One can watch money flows in real time for any classification, and scope.
When events are created, people can just select a type of event and then select if they want to import the framework of a proven high ROI event. Like with any form of info (text, pics, audio, video, roles, tasks, services), there might be royalties associated with “buying” that event framework”. Whatever is picked, and all the roles, statuses, locations, tasks, etc will populate their new event. This provides a revenue stream for the existing event, and a huge head start for the new event. Bone can also buy proven roles, tasks,
Taxes are only collected at the point of sale (location of seller if info, otherwise location of stuff). Towns (an event) compete for residents and events. If counties want money, they must offer value to towns. If states want money, they must offer value to counties. If the feds want money, they must offer value to states. Recal that all things have an ROI and performance bond. So if a state offers XYZ to a county, it will have an ROI associated with it. A county might like a neighboring states, or county’s, offer better 🙂
Info is valued based on how much others value it based on money traded for it. So I can reply to a post and say its worth $10 to me. After a few people do this the post would then have an ROI rank of say 85% backed by $57. This money goes into that classification’s dividend fund which will be paid out in 1 week based on peoples value added rank and the amount of money they have put into the system. If they add value, they will make money. This is why spam and flame wars become unattractive. If I search for info in a specific classification ranked 50% or greater, I will never see spam. You have to add value to get noticed.
How did the original post get there? Each classification has the most recent post cost. If I have a new post that I think is about 70% value, I can post it at he 60% cost so that I can hopefully make about 10% ROI. (Castpoints gives great suggestions on how to price based on recent data). Also, one can easily place a simple order that registers the post if the price drops. Also the starting price can be selected with a clueing price and iterative steps. This reduces uncertainty and keeps people from being glued to the screen.
Royalties are specified when registering info. Just a price floor, and Castpoints will do the rest to maximize profit. So if I want to use other’s info, I just register the amount I am using. If I get paid, so do they. This is also how non profits are defined, via logic and action, not fiat rules. One simple rule replaces rams of pages and costs associated with copyright and non profits.
Mis-takes are inevitable. The only scientificly proven cooperation strategy (in the absence of history / memory) I know of is tit-for-tat. Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk documented that insurance was a key initiation of modern commerce. England’s ships needed to spread risk.
Each entity can have insurance. Challenges are always transparent. Those insisting on transacting with an entity with 2 challenges is asking for trouble. Posts that don’t follow a classification’s contracted rules of conduct can be challenged by anyone.
Insurance premiums are measures of risk. I don’t know why this simpler number is not used ubiquitously!?!?
“We can not solve our problems with the same level [fractal] of thinking that created them” – Einstein
Why? Possibly the 2nd Law of thermodynamics:
~For any evolving isolated complicated system, disorder is either constant or increasing… In an isolated system, deprived of any help from the outside, is incapable of putting its own affairs in order.
But Castpoints can solve any scale of problem. How?
- Fractals are usually within a bigger fractal. The bigger fractal can solve the smaller fractal’s problem.
- Complex adaptive systems have emergent behavior. Cool things come from simple ingredients. Meditation, inspiration, “observing self”, and “witnessing” are all focusing at a level different than yourself. If the focus is above the level of all stuff, that feels like wholeness because there are no more nodes and connections (needs and separations (illusions)).
- The intelligence and magic happens in the connections. Once connection density and structure(?) get past a milestone, that’s when emergence can happen! And it’s emergence that fixes things at the level of creation! Evolution literally proves this otherwise we would not exist as we do.
Unity can’t be forced because force is linear. That’s why groups that are forced together (fiat currencies, empire, etc.) always blow up: an initial condition of force guarantees the system will someday fail. Power is being able to be relaxed through the whole process of being in any situation, scoping things out, doing stuff, and iterating with feedback. Its non linear, fun, and increases productivity.
- Do all you say you are going to do, don’t infringe on other people or their property. – Richard Maybury
- Be able to back up “facts” before posting them, or else label them opinion.
- Make amends by cleaning up inevitable mistakes.
The initial conditions are separation. Null physics suggests that in the beginning there was nothing. Moving a piece of nothing elsewhere creates something. Separation defines the 2 things. This is symbolized by Yin and Yang, and a computer’s binary language of 1 and 0. Actually, and this is a critical distinction, the more accurate terminology is: 1 and not 1. Dark and light is really: light and not light. Love and hate is really: love and not love. Duality is an illusion: There is only nothing. Both sides of the equation are always equal and always sum to zero.
Separation manifests in nature as the semi-permeable membrane, the primary basis of life as we know it.
The universe appears to be ITERATIVE with 3 to 4 simple rules according to Stephan Wolfram and others. Each iteration rests before the next iteration. Nature manifests this rest in a cell’s life cycle. The purpose of each iteration is to take stock of what is present, including recent feedback, keep or use what has current value to the local, and excrete what no longer had local value.
Psychology calls this a healthy process. Acceptance (situational awareness), adding value, then letting go. Chinese medicine suggests that not letting go creates stagnation, which then clogs (friction) the iteration process and creates dis-ease.
We can know what is going on directly with us but only indirectly with “not us”. That’s why projection of power is expensive, adds uncertainty, and has minimal and incorrect situational awareness. So the SCOPE of direct actions should be within 1 or 2 nodes. Scope provides some CONTEXT.
Separation divides nodes of stuff and so leads directly to the idea of hierarchical relationships. Separation is how nodes are CLASSIFIED: defined, connected, communicate, and valued (locally).
Each group of nodes, and or, connections is by definition UNIQUE and has a specific VALUE based on the that group’s classification. All people have value. Nothing in Castpoints is arbitrary. That would imply divine right of kings and exceptions. Physics has no exceptions. Things flow from where they are valued minimally to where they are valued by how much value they can add. Supply and demand ARBITRATION causes this. (How many people are undervalued?)
Why is SOVEREIGNTY fundamental to prosperity? Because if other things can interact with the guts of a cell any way they want (skip mediation via the semi permeable membrane), the cell is “damaged” and not very adaptable anymore. Healthy cells have strong boundaries. Healthy relationships have strong boundaries. This is why “no” is fundamentally important. Saying “yes” to a bit of nothing is like a continuation. Saying “no” creates a separation. No created creation 😉 In meditation, we say no to getting caught up in all the action in order to regain “center”.
Everything is FRACTAL in nature. That is a measure of “robustness”. If something can work at all time frames, it is robust. If something can work for all relationships, it is robust. If something needs exceptions, its based on illusions. The number of exceptions are directly related to the magnitude of illusion.
Original mis-take is BELIEF (fait, divine right of kings) that nodes are “special”, not just “different”. Deciding and defending ill-us-ions (~root: evil go) costs more than interacting with reality. ILLUSIONS are unfinished traumas we project on things when we don’t accept the thing. This is the core of all suffering (Zen). One could partly define “God” as one who is able to be with what is real and the largest pattern, without being caught up in beliefs.
MEANING‘s Root word is memory — its a retroactive way of understanding. Its useful when we believe we are at the mercy of “not self” (extrinsic motivation). When we know we are self (intrinsic motivation), the usefulness of “meaning” fades.
When we can directly COMPARE X with Y in a scope via proven ROI and cost, making DECISIONS becomes simple.
When we can pay attention to a thing with a scope via proven ROI and cost, we don’t have to make up meanings and can RELAX. With is allowing equilibrium.
One thing you don’t notice here is the concept of DEBT. Debt is a thing owed. It is also LEVERAGE, which can magnify mistakes. If you owe and or have leverage, that can decrease future freedom. Its for entities that don’t make many mistakes.
Arriving full circle: Being stuck reduces future options. Making a decision, even a semi-poor one, reduces uncertainty, and can increase future options. Patterns iterate into resonate coherence (get TUNED) and have more obvious CLARITY. More amplitude (power) flows because illusions don’t DAMPEN the the pattern. It “rings true”. We can more easily FEEL it and label that feeling “good”. Intelligence moves toward unique things that feel good.
|Free Market Principle||Fancy Term||Nature’s Analog||Notes|
|Value||Resources||Joules, Light, calories||People, info, goods, money, work (tasks, services)|
|Skin in the game||Capital at risk||Local scope: direct participation||It’s just hot air until someone puts money where their mouth is.|
|Private property||Node||Semi-permiable membrane||People’s blogs, forums, and websites. Everyone is their own profit center, and owns and manages their own reputation.|
|Low entry barriers, structure, contracts||Connections||Integrated market||Groups of nodes are related by formal role based contractual hierarchal networks. Everything is connected. Cells, tissues, organs, organisms.|
|Competing currencies||Value units||Anything others want more than you want.||Default units are % ownership of events and Joules, but can be anything.|
|Transactions||Evolution in action||F=MA, chemical reactions, movement, life||Based on agreement, not force. Since decisions are not based on politics, mal-investment is minimized.|
|Subsidiarity, Transparency, Verification, conflict resolution||Feedback loops, reputation||Teeth, claws||Management by the smallest, lowest, and or least centralized authority capable of doing things well, support the balance of privacy and transparency. Hormones.|
|Fullfilment||Sanity||Be-ing||If people offer projections, illusions, and unfinished traumas, the feedback will likely be less money and positive suggestions. If people don’t know their value, they can iteratively experiment at low risk in a supportive environment. When people start to offer their unique value, they will feel good, make money and receive complements.|
SPECULATION on observer effect and Schrodinger’s cat. (I am far from any kind of expert on quantum anything.) Conventional thinking on the double slit experiment ends up suggesting that, “The only way this can happen is if the photon is traveling through both slits at once and interfering with itself!” To me that’s the collective unconscious projecting that our logic is tangled up because we are investigating linear and non linear things as if they are one thing. The observer effect simply states that everything has relationships and interactions have an exchange. When the interaction nears the magnitude of the things interacting, interesting things happen. Not rocket science! Immediately this shoots down the idea of being “impartial”, or “objective” in classic linear thinking. If “everything is connected”, everything is in a relationship and so constantly observing everything. Supposedly, people are the only mammals that have sex in private!
The cat experiment never seems to include what the cat (or box, or air in the box) is observing. If the cat is observing itself, that can be termed a non linear action which can lead to emergence. If there is some value to this speculation, perhaps at certain size fractals all the complexity of having to include observation in equations just collapses to zero and things get really simple?
E = mc^2 says matter is slow energy and energy is fast matter. So everything is an amplitude plus a frequency. So consciousness should then be at least partly composed of an amplitude plus a frequency. What if patterns of: ( amplitude & frequency ) ≈ consciousness? Everything gets a whole lot simpler. The box housing the cat would then have a very small amount of consciousness relative to the cat. There are likely phase changes between different energy levels and patterns.
An important aspect of the concept of measurement has been clarified in some QM experiments where a small, complex, and non-sentient sensor proved sufficient as an “observer”—there is no need for a conscious “observer”.