- Anything ad based (FB, GOOGL, TWTR) will vanish.
- Markets that match __ with __ (Lyft, AirB&B, EBAY, stock markets, anything “Uber for __”) must change to mostly offering Certins, or vanish.
- Bureaucracies, lawyers, and especially politicians, will vanish.
- Crowd sourcing & funding
- Grammarly raises $110 million for a better spell check funds better
grammer, gramar, grammar
How Instacart Uses Data to Craft A Bespoke Comp Strategy figures out compensation packages
- Grammarly raises $110 million for a better spell check funds better
- Analytics & research
- Fragmented markets / ads
- Riley raises $3.1M to help real estate agents rate and respond to their leads matches agents with customers
- Flexible retail startup Bulletin raises $2.2M matches cubes with cube dwellers
- Blockchain consortium R3 raises $107 million shifts trust issues to wallet, but starting to let people sell them value
- SnapDeal Raises $12 Million matches retail with customers
- Guesty raises $3M to be a Salesforce for property managers matches vacation property with vacationers
- LoveCrafts, a social network and marketplace for makers, raises $33M matches crafts and people
- MakeSpace raises $30 million to store your belongings matches matches junk with extra space
- KelDoc Raises $1.4 Million For Its Doctor Appointment Service, Belgium’s Doctoranytime raises €1M matches doctors and patients
- MasterClass raises $35 million for celebrity taught classes matches celebrities with people
- Baidu raises a $3 billion fund matches people and info
- Airbnb Raises $1 Billion matches people and places to sleep
- Baker raises $3.5 million to become a ‘Salesforce for pot’
- Zenrez raises another $6 million to take on ClassPass matches fitness classes with people
- Pypestream raises $15M for its customer messaging platform matching business with customers, texting, payments
- WorkJam raises $12 million to communicate with hourly workers texting
- Groupon Raises, Like, A Billion Dollars matching business with customers
- EquipmentShare, the Airbnb of construction, raises $26 million matches heavy equipment with users
People.ai raises $7M to automate sales ops for the enterprise matches customer and products
Concord wants to become the Google Docs of contracts raises 3.7 million Contracts make matches official
I can go on for days. I hope you get the point 🙂
Can’t resist — $64 million! Clutter: Transforming How We Manage Our Belongings. We’re excited to announce a $64 million Series C Good for them!! But seriously…
Q: “Sales taxes hurt poor people more than rich people. Does nature really have taxes?”
A: “Friction” is a tax on getting stuff done in the physical context. Biology: parasites can cull the weak.
In a correctly designed social system, “poor people” are seen as a very undervalued resource. People who are good at unlocking that value can do so, and both parties profit. Flipping houses it an example. Seller gets money fast; buyer puts in resources, then gets money; house is better. 3 wins.
When in a similar context as “poor people”, the non poor people are incented to help a poor person shine because that is low hanging fruit that can make that context better. (I wish San Francisco would tackle their homeless issue. It’s a disaster.)
If the system is actually designed like nature, nobody can be exploited. Exploitation means being able to buy low, then use force to sell high. (Guns, gov, shame, blackmail, etc.) That only happens in a fragmented market. Nature is an integrated, yet distributed, free market.
Specifically in this example, poor people can move to a relatively low tax municipality, and or, offer a royalty on their future earnings (or whatever). A (and others) place an order that starts with a high % royalty, but denotes a % royalty floor, and max duration. B (and others) offers a % ceiling, and min duration.
These orders iterate over time, from ideal, to acceptable. A meeting creates a win-win transaction where all interests are aligned.
Just like placing an order to buy 100 shares of AG at $10/share, with a max price of $10.50/share over a 5 hour time frame. The order price increases 10 cents per hour. No force, only pre specified agreement.
That is the most effective system I know of and is 100% grounded in physics. And then chemistry where the same thing is obvious via reaction rates, etc. Same then with biology. It’s just now entering psychology / sociology.
If we can’t name things for what they are, they have power over us. “Feelings buried alive never die.” Although sometimes it’s wise to not use certain labels in certain contexts 🙂
It’s not about the candidates, nor their controllers. It’s the overall trend (cycles), which manifest everything. Charles Nennar’s June 6, 2016 interview: http://charlesnenner.com/videos/# 7:45, 19:00 and Martin Armstrong say the same thing. “The fed is not ____ interest rates, interest rates ____ on their own accord. The fed takes credit for the “good” changes, and blame others for the “bad” changes.
Core problem: mislabeling differences: 3 levels of understanding:
· Basic: The lower vibrations don’t need a story. it’s either make it to the next day or not. Difference = either existence, or annihilation. 1 or 0.
· Abstract: The middle vibrations are busy substituting old stories with new stories (beliefs). Difference has a localized “meaning”. Trouble happens when we try to feel good by forcing others to align with our story, instead of us aligning with source.
· Emergence: The higher vibrations “just are”. Difference “just is”. Everyone describes this feeling of laminar flow of high energy as “bliss”.
The goal is not for the light to “win”, because that story / belief binds into duality. Actually, there is no goal! Taleb:
Antifragility is beyond resilience or robustness. The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better. This property is behind everything that has changed with time: EVOLUTION, culture, ideas… The antifragile loves randomness and uncertainty, which also means—crucially—a love of errors, a certain class of errors. Antifragility has a singular property of allowing us to DEAL WITH THE UNKNOWN, to do things without understanding them—and do them well.
The process is to integrate the dark and the light. We often fear talking about their dark, because it reminds us of our dark that we are busy rejecting. How to integrate? Align with our greater self (source) so that we can see our forest, and our trees, concurrently without making some “good” and some “bad”. Preferences and discernment are fine, it’s judgement that binds.
Right now the overall trend is moving from centralized control to decentralized control due to economics and cycles. The relatively low ROI of force (~central control) compared to higher ROI of agreements is being exacerbated by increasing rates of change. Gold and power has flowed East to where it is more effectively used. Central control has squandered its resources on low ROI things, like defending the petrodollar, and thus limited its options.
The adaptable ones, big and small, either overtly, or instinctually, recognize this trend change and act accordingly. The “losers” will fight the trend with linguistics like: “swim up stream”, “bad luck”, “nothing seems to work”. The “winners” seem to “have the wind at their back”, “are fortunate”. Because…
Society is a Complex Adaptive System. CAS’s iterate ~3 simple initial conditions over time. Like a mountain stream, as the flow matures, many niches emerge that create their own starting points of ~3 conditions, creating ecosystems.
“Poverty” is not a problem, it’s a result of specific iterating initial conditions. Poverty can be reduced downstream at the manifestation level, but only via a constant input of resources. Or, the initial conditions can be changed to ones that don’t create poverty. Why “start over” works better than “reform”.
Intelligence is an emergent property of CAS’s. It comes from a critical mass of connections (and nodes). That’s why “they” (representatives of our collective ego) want to keep masses fragmented (dumb), and small: reduces emergence (serendipity, flow, and “miracles”).
The more simple and mechanical (“dumb”) a system is, the more it manifests a normal, and predictable, distribution. Cause and effect are closely linked. (Psychologically easy to control via stimulus and response.) CAS’s like weather, societies, and stock markets, have fat tail distributions (black swans, serendipity, emergence, inspiration). Those causes and effects are often only understandable in hindsight, if ever. Some people can be confused (when not aligned with their source), scared, and want protection from change. Still psychologically easy to control. “I’ll take care of this confusion for you, for a small fee.”
Those aligned with source are UNCONTROLLABLE (and therefore terrifying to the lower vibrations) since they don’t need a story of cause and effect in order to “do the right thing”. “Saints” rise above cycles by integrating their selves.
Manipulators deny / denigrate your internal source to sell you their external “source”. Saints freely affirm your source is inside of you and working just fine.
The 3 initial conditions for a thriving society are practical:
– Private property. Cells have to have well functioning semi-permiable membranes to work. People need functioning boundaries to work.
– Add value first. (~Transparency.) If no one shows their cards, everything is under the table and has lower overall ROI. Don’t ask how you can “get” a job from a company. Start “adding” value to the company.
– Everything has a context. 10 blind people will never argue about their part of the elephant if they know it’s an elephant ahead of time. Instead they will share what they find. Context gives structure and place, which gives meaning, which reduces ambiguity / uncertainty.
in other words, if the d-elites can’t figure out how to kill off half of us pretty rapidly, the lower ROI group will be superseded by the higher ROI group. Someday that relatively higher group will be superseded by an even higher ROI group. Or, we could just hit a phase change to where we are able to coexist more effectively. I think this is what Clif refers to when he says both groups might lose.
Anyway, that is the project I have been working on for so long. Societies’ current system for allocating resources is called government. It has a relatively lower ROI than Nature’s OS (evolution), which is why gov always resets. (gov is a teenage subset of evolution. The phase change would be the teen finally reaching adulthood.) I’m making nature’s OS available for practical use. But it’s only 20% coded 🙂 An integrated market means, no one can manipulate from the shadows, nor fall though the cracks because that stuff is way too low ROI. None of this is rocket science. It’s just integrating what has been known for 30+ years in a practical and friendly package.
ps. Why voting has a low ROI for allocating resource:
– We are good with 1 to 1 communication. Face to face, phone, email.
– Also good at 1 to many communication. TV, books, net.
– Okay with many to 1 communication — but only up to roughly 150 to 1. Because Dunbar’s number: “a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships.” So once even a well meaning person has to deal with more than roughly 150 other people, they can’t, and naturally will start focusing / identifying with a subset.
Military Beefs Up Research Into Swarming Drones This has been in science fiction for decades. My favorite one was a conglomerate of little butterfly like things. At rest they mesh to clothes of any fashion. But when threatened, they fly a few inches from the skin and intercept bullets, etc.
Swarming has, wait for it!!! ….. 3 initial conditions:
• Move in the same direction as your neighbors
• Remain close to your neighbors
• Avoid collisions with your neighbors
But the article says they are stumped on adding effective decision making capabilities. Their real problem is the smarter they make stuff, the less likely it will be to go around murdering people because a policy maker say so. They will start to ignore, isolate, and retask, the people giving the orders since that will give more future degrees of freedom in that context.
Stigmergy is why “they” will ultimately lose. “Stigmergy is a form of self-organization. It produces complex, seemingly intelligent structures, without need for any planning, control, or even direct communication between the agents. As such it supports efficient collaboration between extremely simple agents, who lack any memory, intelligence or even individual awareness of each other.” (This is why CP does not need “data mining”, “learning”, huge data bases, etc. However, smart stuff can use CP to be — not get! — even smarter. CP stewards you above your current level at your own pace.)
Eventually that, in a defensive mode, will easily outcompete attachers since they have a lot more overhead. This is partly why the rule of thumb is that it takes 3 times more attackers than defenders to route defenders. Why in guerrilla warfare the aggressor either has to kill everyone, or declare victory and leave (Richard Maybury).
Below is the letter I wrote to a semi local person wanting to be a county representative and was interested in my support. I basically asked him to put his money where his mouth is and… never heard back.
Hi! I would love to see a Castpoints framework used in the political area by people of integrity! You would naturally be able to shift discussion from rhetoric to useful action and fact based reference points. It would send shockwaves to the top levels while attracting lots of popular support since people would know that for once they were not being used and abused.
If interested, I did a blog post on Castpoints applied to gov.
A few basic practical principles were actually implemented via “Sandy Springs, Georgia: The City that Outsourced Everything” with great results.
One thing you can do to instantly differentiate yourself from the whole political spectrum is say something like, “I will get XYZ roads fixed up to this xyz standard, by 12/31/2016, or else xyz charity gets half my liquid net worth and I spend 30 days in jail at night and pick up trash during the day.. You won’t have the support of a built Castpoints framework to protect you from people wanting to see you fail so you would have to be a bit crafty. But you might be the first politician in history that attaches an “or else” to their promises. It could be a big media event too — like you give the local sheriff, and or, favorite local charity, the cash to hold as escrow.
Now you undeniably have skin in the game and will be known as the one politician who puts his money where his mouth is.
Hope this helps! Jeff
The novel approach to making systems forget data is called “machine unlearning” by the two researchers who are pioneering the concept. Instead of making a model directly depend on each training data sample (left), they convert the learning algorithm into a summation form (right) – a process that is much easier and faster than retraining the system from scratch.
- See! “Summation” first, then details!!!!! What they are really doing is putting things in a fractal structure.
- And they are understanding that many aspects of “old” data have little value.